March 15 deadline approaching for Texas Brigades Summer programs
Published 1:41 pm Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Special to The Leader
Texas Brigades is accepting applications for their 8 wildlife and natural resource-based leadership programs for summer 2017. These youth programs are held across Texas and the limited spaces are filling up fast.
Texas Brigades is a wildlife and natural resource-focused leadership development program for youth (ages 13-17). Each camp is an intense, all inclusive, five day experience led by some of the top wildlife and natural resource professionals in Texas. Approximately 200 youth from throughout the state of Texas are typically served.
These programs feature quail, deer, bass, redfish, waterfowl or livestock, with an aim to equip youth with the resources and determination needed to make a difference in conservation and land stewardship throughout their lives. Through this experience, participants are introduced to habitat management, hone their communication skills, learn to work together as a team, and develop a land & conservation ethic.
2017 Camp Dates and Locations are:
– Rolling Plains Bobwhite Brigade, Centennial Lodge, Coleman, June 10-14.
– South Texas Buckskin Brigade, Welder Wildlife Refuge, Sinton, June 11-15.
– South Texas Bobwhite Brigade, Buck Horn Creek Ranch, McCoy, June 23-27.
– Bass Brigade, Warren Ranch, Santa Anna, July 5-9.
– Waterfowl Brigade, The BigWoods on the Trinity, Tennessee Colony, July 16-20.
– Ranch Brigade, Warren Ranch, July 17-21.
– North Texas Buckskin Brigade, Warren Ranch, July 23-27.
– Coastal Brigade, Sea Star Base, Galveston, July 25-29.
Texas Brigades is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with Texas Wildlife Association, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, AgriLife Extension, USDA-NRCS, as well as universities, conservation groups, local soil and water conservation districts, private businesses and individuals with an interest in wildlife and youth leadership development.
Applications may be found and completed online at http://www.texasbrigades.org – due March 15th. The all-inclusive tuition is $500 per cadet per camp. Applications for tuition assistance are also available. Come enjoy the outdoors with Texas Brigades. For more information, contact Texas Brigades at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the office at 210-556-1391, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, IG and Snapchat.