Babin Announces Oct. 15 Deadline for Service Academy Nominations
Published 9:19 am Monday, October 5, 2015
PRESS RELEASE —
Washington, DC – U.S. Representative Brian Babin (TX-36) today reminded those interested in receiving a service academy nomination that all completed application packets must be returned to the Woodville Office by Wednesday, October 15, 2015. Babin also announced that candidate interviews will be held on Saturday, November 14, 2015. Please contact Rachel Iglesias at (409) 242-7132 with any questions.
“One of the distinct honors of serving in the U.S. House of Representatives is the opportunity to nominate exceptional young men and women to be considered for appointment to our nation’s service academies,” said Rep. Babin. “As the father of a U.S. Naval Academy graduate, I understand the significance of this process, as well as the unique impact and opportunities presented to those who attend a service academy. I look forward to nominating some of our area’s brightest as they seek to further their education and honorably serve our nation in the U.S. Military.”
Application packets must include:
- Completed online application form (https://babin.house.gov/forms/serviceacademynomination/)
- Resume (no more than two pages)
- Typed (double-spaced), 250 word essay detailing why you want to attend a U.S. Service Academy and why you want to be commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Three personal recommendations (please ask each person making a recommendation to sign and date their recommendation.)
- Official copy of High School Transcript
- Official copy of College Transcript (if applicable)
- Official copy of SAT and/or ACT scores. These reports are in addition to the scores on your transcript.