Babin Now Accepting Applications for Service Academy Nominations
Published 2:28 pm Thursday, August 27, 2015
Washington, DC – U.S. Representative Brian Babin (TX-36) is currently accepting applications from young men and women of the 36th Congressional District of Texas who are seeking a nomination to the United States Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Merchant Marine Academy, or the Military Academy at West Point.
“One of the distinct honors of serving in the U.S. House of Representatives is the opportunity to nominate exceptional young men and women to be considered for appointment to our nation’s service academies,” said Rep. Babin. “As the father of a U.S. Naval Academy graduate, I understand the significance of this process, as well as the unique impact and opportunities presented to those who attend a service academy. I look forward to nominating some of our area’s brightest as they seek to further their education and honorably serve our nation in the U.S. Military.”
Completed application packets must be returned to Congressman Babin’s Woodville Office (100 W. Bluff Drive) by Wednesday, October 15, 2015. Candidate interviews will be held in mid-November and nominations will be announced in December. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Iglesias in Congressman Babin’s office at (409) 242-7132.
Application packets must include:
- Completed online application form (https://babin.house.gov/forms/serviceacademynomination/)
- Resume (no more than two pages)
- Typed (double-spaced), 250 word essay detailing why you want to attend a U.S. Service Academy and why you want to be commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Three personal recommendations (please ask each person making a recommendation to sign and date their recommendation.)
- Official copy of High School Transcript
- Official copy of College Transcript (if applicable)
- Official copy of SAT and/or ACT scores. These reports are in addition to the scores on your transcript.