Grease fire destroys home

Published 10:07 am Friday, June 19, 2020

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

By Eric Williams

A grease fire is believed to be the cause of a home being destroyed by fire on Thursday.
Pinehurst Firefighters had to battle a grease fire that got out of control Thursday afternoon causing major damage to home in the 1700 block of Martin Street in Pinehurst.
According to Pinehurst Fire Chief S. Branham, firefighters responded to the grease fire around 12:40 p.m.
Upon arrival on scene by firefighters, the home had heavy smoke coming from the structure. Firefighters quickly began to attack the blaze however, the process was a little difficult as the fire had traveled into the walls of the home.
The home received heavy smoke, water, and fire damage from the blaze.
No injuries were reported from the blaze.
Orange and Bridge City Fire Departments provided assistance during the fire.