OC Commissioners Court to meet Monday
Commissioners Court will meet Monday at 10 a.m. instead of Tuesday for a Special session. Court is required to meet once a month. Any meeting besides the third Tuesday of the month is considered a Special Session.
While, the agenda reflects no special protocols due to the orders issued by the Governor and the County Judge in relation to the coronavirus, one item on the agenda is possible extending the Disaster Declaration signed on March 17.
In accordance with the guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control:
1) Any gathering sponsored or permitted by Orange County shall cease.
2) Gatherings of greater than 10 persons shall cease at all public facilities across Orange County.
3) Regarding privately owned facilities: There shall be no gathering of more than 10 persons.
4) Bars and nightclubs shall be closed.
Restaurants shall close for dine-in services but may use delivery and take out options.
5) Grocery stores, convenience stores and any supply type store are encouraged to remain open, but citizens are urged to use the delivery or curbside services where available or use Social Distancing.
6) Nursing homes and senior living centers shall limit visitation of the public within their facilities. This does not include medical therapeutic support and medical personnel. This also does not include food & supply delivery.
7) It is hereby ORDERED that a 24 hour curfew on citizens 17 years of age and under shall be in place immediately throughout Orange County for all individuals who:
- a) are not in school,
- b) are not accompanied by school personnel, a parent or guardian, or
- c) are not going directly to their place of employment or going directly home from that place of employment.
This Order does not apply to special needs students during the times local school districts are required by federal law to provide those students services.
Read full order here: FIRST AMENDED EMERGENCY ORDER 03.20.2020 – COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS – SIGNED