LETTER OF INTRODUCTION: Strause seeks Sheriff’s office
Published 12:46 pm Saturday, November 23, 2019
My name is Robert Strause and I would like to announce my candidacy for the Office of Sheriff of Orange County. I am an Orangefield resident and have committed my entire Law Enforcement career to protect and serve the citizen’s Orange County. I have a 15-year-old son, Cody, who attends Orangefield High School. Cody and I attend Bridge Point Fellowship Church in Bridge City.
I believe I have proven my dedication to the citizens of Orange County and want to continue to serve them in the fullest capacity possible. I am committed to a proactive approach of Law Enforcement and believe this approach would alleviate persistent street-level crimes our neighborhoods are continually plagued with.
Qualifications / Appointments / Achievements:
- licensed with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer
Standards and Education as a Master Peace Officer.
- over 2000 training hours with an emphasis on Investigations and Narcotics
- graduated 2nd in class from Lamar Regional Police Academy
- 5 years United States Army / Artillery
- 5 years United States Coast Guard / Law Enforcement
- 25 years of Law Enforcement experience
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office 1997
- Orange County Sheriff’s Office 1998 / Special Services Division
- Elected Constable Pct. 2 in 2009
- Dual commissioned with Pinehurst Police Department in 2012
- An investigator for Orange County Sheriff’s Office 2013
- Promoted to Lieutenant in OSO Special Services Division in 2014
- Developed/operated highly effective OSO Street Crimes Unit
- Involved in numerous Federal Task Force Investigations
- Criminal Interdiction, Street Crimes, Property Crimes, Narcotics
- Experienced in supervision, budgeting, asset forfeiture funds
- well-developed working relationship with local, state, and federal Law Enforcement Agents/Agencies from Houston to Calcasieu Parish
- Knowledge, Experience, Dedication, Desire
If elected Sheriff, I would focus on training deputies and implementing programs that would target street-level criminals to reduce the number of drugs, theft, and property crimes; all with NO added tax burden to the citizens. I have been successfully working countywide and pledge my continued dedication to all citizens and areas of Orange County.