Vidor Police Beat July 24 – July 30, 2019
Published 12:43 am Saturday, August 3, 2019
From staff reports
The City of Vidor Police Department responded to the following calls from July 24 – July 30, 2019:
Wednesday, July 24
- Security check at the 300 block of Concord Street
- Suspicious activity at the 700 block of South Street
- Disturbance at the 1100 block of North Tannahill Street
- Assault at the 600 block of Kent Street
- Vehicle fire on Interstate 10 westbound service road
- Traffic collision – hit and run- near Farm to Market Road 1132 and State Hwy. 12
- Traffic hazard at the 300 block of South Dewitt Street.
- Alarm at the 1000 block of South Ashland Street
- Weapons offense near South Main and Alamo.
- Assist other agency at the 1200 block of Cherokee. Orange County Sheriff’s Office was attempting to arrest a male involved in a disturbance.
- Suspicious vehicle at the 2400 block of State Hwy.12
- Traffic stop near North Main and Simmons. Man was taken into custody for possession of controlled substance and outstanding warrants for OCSO and Bridge City.
- Disturbance at the 800 block of Cottonwood Street
Thursday, July 25
- Traffic stop near Hebert Street and Beech Street. Man was arrested for outstanding warrants.
- Sexual assault in the Vidor area.
- Suspicious person at the 700 block of Stadium Street
- Disturbance at the 200 block of Cameo Street
- Suspicious activity on Harvey Lane
- Asist other agency at the 1500 block of Interstate 10 East. Lumberton Police Department arrest a man and was transferring him to Vidor PD to continue the transport to Orange County Jail.
- Disturbance at the 400 block of West Lindberg Street
- Traffic stop at the 300 block of North Main Street
- Assist other agency at First Baptist Church. Man was arrested for public intoxication.
- Traffic stop at Interstate 10 eastbound Service Road. One woman taken into custody for outstanding warrant out of Bridge City.
- Panhandling at Whataburger. Subject issued citation for drug paraphernalia.
Friday, July 26
- Suspicious activity near South Archie and Railroad
- Traffic problem at the 861 milemarker eastbound. A vehicle was stalled in the right-hand lane of travel. Caller claimed someone shot at him and he cannot start his vehicle.
- Suspicious vehicle at the 1000 block of Duke Street
- Disturbance at the 100 block of Sargent Street
- Child abandonment at the 1300 block of 2nd Street
- Theft at Walmart. A female was detained for shoplifting.
- Suspicious activity at the 600 block of Old 90 East
- Suspicious activity near Kent and Woodland. Monir teens were walking facing the wrong way in roadway. They were given a verbal warning.
- Disturbance near Buffalo and Weatherford
- Suspicious activity at the 500 block of Needles Street
- Welfare check near Forrest and Dewitt. A person on a bike was laying in a ditch. According to the dispatch log, the man was intoxicated and ran off into the ditch while riding a three wheel bicycle.
Saturday, July 27
- Suspicious activity near West Bolivar and South Archie
- Disturbance ay the 300 block of Evangeline
- Animal call at the 1300 block of Windwood Street. Caller reported a huge turtle in her yard. A very large snapping turtle appeared to have nested in the caller’s yard. Animal control was contacted.
- Suspicious person at the 200 block of Old 90 West.
- Suspicious person near Moreland and 90
- Assist other agency near Church and Feeder. Rose City reported there are two large alligators in the standing water under the underpass.
- Suspicious person at Burger King. A person was taken into custody.
Sunday, July 28
- Traffic stop near Park and North Dewitt. One person detained after a warrant for him was confirmed.
- Suspicious activity at the 100 block of Claiborne Street
- Traffic collision at the 900 block of North Tannahill Street
- Reckless/dangerous driver in the area of Farm to Market Road 1136 and State Hwy. 12
- Theft at the 800 block of South Dewitt Street
- Panhandling in the parking lot at Walmart
Monday, July 29
- Traffic stop at the 2200 block of South Main Street
- Traffic stop on South Mayhaw Drive. Female was transported to Orange County Jail for two JP4 warrants and six warrants from the Beaumont Police Department.
- Assault on Hallie Street
- Threat at the 500 block of West Lindberg Street
- Suspicious person near Pine and Harvey
- Disturbance at the 300 block of South Archie Street
- Traffic stop at the 800 block of South Main Street. Subject issued citation for drug paraphernalia.
Tuesday, July 30
- Traffic stop at the 100 block of North Main Street. Man with warrant out of Jefferson County for Class B theft was transported to Jefferson County Jail.
- Traffic stop at the 800 block of North Main Street
- Suspicious person at the 900 block of Dogwood Drive
- Warrant service near Mill and Feeder Road. A driver was found passed out at the wheel. Man was taken into custody for driving under the influence. He had a prior for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Suspicious person on Pine Street
- Juvenile problem at the 600 block of Delores
- Theft at the 100 block of Weatherford Street
- Traffic hazard near Farm to Market Road 1132 and State Hwy. 12. A man was walking a dog on a rope, hitting and kicking it, causing a traffic hazard.
- Trespassing at the 21000 block of Interstate 10
- Assault at Interstate 10 eastbound near mile marker 862
- Suspicious activity at the 900 block of White Oak Drive
- Suspicious person on Smith Lake Road
SOURCE: The City of Vidor Police Department