Orangefield ISD will have new start times for the 2019-2020 school year
To The Leader
The adjustments will assist in alleviating some of the traffic and logistical challenges with the transition of 5th-grade students moving from junior high to elementary campus. Students can be dropped off at the elementary and junior high starting at 7:15 a.m. and the high school at 7:25 a.m. The new start and end times are as follows:
The elementary schedule has no changes this year. The start and end times will remain exactly as they were in previous years.
- Doors Open – 7:15 a.m.
- School Begins – 7:45 a.m.
- School Ends – 3:15 p.m.
The junior high schedule has been changed. We are moving the start/end time back.
- Doors Open – 7:15 a.m.
- School Begins – 8 a.m.
- School Ends – 3:30 p.m.
The high school schedule has been changed. The start/end time has been moved back 20 minutes.
- Doors Open – 7:25 a.m.
- School Begins – 8:05 a.m.
- School Ends – 3:35 p.m.
Freshman Parent Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 1, at 5:30 p.m. in the Orangefield High School cafeteria. Call 409-735-3851 for more information.
Fish Camp for incoming 9th graders at Orangefield High School will be Friday, August 2, from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Call 409-735-3851 for more information.
OHS Class Schedules & Parking Permits
All Students must have their online registration documents completed prior to class schedule pick up. Student class schedules and parking permits will be available for pick up at the High School at the following times:
- Seniors……………… 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Juniors …………….. 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Sophomores…….. 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Freshman…………. 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Registration Procedures for 2019 – 2020
For the 2019-2020 school year, OISD will continue with an online registration process for all returning students. Online registration is August 1 – 14. All current students must have a parent/guardian complete this online registration prior to the student receiving their teacher assignment or schedule. Parents must have a TxConnect Parent Portal account to complete the registration.
Directions for the Parent Portal account are located on the OISD website. Computer access will be made available at the high school for all campuses to assist those without Internet access and/or a device. The dates and times are as follows:
Orangefield High School – Computer Lab
- August 5 at 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- August 6 at 4 p.m. – 6:30 PM
- August 12 at 12p.m. – 6 p.m.
Registration for students new to OISD will begin at individual campuses on August 2. The following documents are required for registering new students: proof of residency (most recent water, electric or gas bill), records from previous school (preferably most recent report card), immunization records, birth certificate and/or social security card, and copy of a parent/guardian’s valid driver’s license.
Registration for new students is scheduled at all three campuses during these dates and times:
- Friday, August 2 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Monday, August 5 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6 at 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 7 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 8 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Friday, August 9 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Monday, August 12 – Tuesday, August 13 at 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
School supply lists for OES and OJH, as well as additional district and campus information, can be found at www.orangefieldisd.com. Campuses can be contacted by phone at the following:
- Orangefield High School 409-735-3851
- Orangefield Junior High School 409-735-6737
- Orangefield Elementary School 409-735-5346
The first day of school is Wednesday, August 14, 2019.