VIDEO: Couple found dead in WO trailer
Published 12:36 pm Thursday, June 20, 2019
By Eric Williams
The Orange Leader
Two known business owners were found deceased around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in their home.
According to West Orange Assistant Police Chief J. Romero, a West Orange Police Officer responded to a call of two people being found deceased inside of their trailer.
“I have seen worse, but I have seen a lot cleaner,” Romero stated.
Officers were having to wear protective gear due to the smell inside the home.
An autopsy was ordered on the couple.
Witnesses on scene stated they last seen the couple on Saturday after they returned home from a local club they recently opened.
Preliminary results on the scene indicate that the two were found inside of a bedroom, and it appears that they may have had a generator running inside of the home.
The fumes from the generator appears to have resulted in the death of the couple by carbon monoxide poisoning.
The case remains under investigation by the West Orange Police Department.