Arrest made in Octavias Williams murder

Published 9:28 am Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Keondrick Arabian Ali Barlow, 20, was arrested on Tuesday for the murder of Octavias Lamont Williams in December 2018.

Orange Police Department (OPD) was called to 111 Pine Ave. in Orange after family was unable to reach Williams by phone.

According to an affidavit of probable cause, an officer noticed the majority of the couch appeared to have been cut and the television in the living room appeared to have been damaged.

Williams was found deceased in the bedroom. He was found face down wearing only a shirt with his lower half of his body covered with a blanket.

It was believed his body had been moved due to where a large pool of blood was and drag marks on the carpet.

In the kitchen, several cabinets were open. Detectives also discovered a box of plastic baggies and a digital scale.

Williams vehicle was found two blocks away.

A relative told the officers Williams had two security cameras, which were not at the scene.

Barlow contacted the Orange Police Department, according to the affidavit, and stated he wanted to come in and clear his name. He also said Williams was like family and two females went to the residence to purchase drugs. Barlow also said he was at work on Friday, Dec. 21. Further investigation showed the plant was closed and no one worked on the day in question.

One of the women identified by Barlow as purchasing drugs at the apartment told officers she did not know Williams and had not been to that area of town in months.

On Sunday, Dec. 23, 2018, the officer received numerous calls from Barlow asking if there was new information on the case. He later went to the police department and stated he went to work at approximately 9:30 p.m., who he received a ride from and who his ‘team leader’ was during the shift.

He also stated he had never driven William’s vehicle.

The person who Barlow said gave him a ride was interviewed.

During the interview, it was discovered the person was wearing an ankle monitor, stated he did not pick up Barlow and he only works days.

Police obtained the GPS coordinates on the ankle bracelet and verified he did not go to work on the night of Dec. 21, so he could not have given Barlow a ride.

On Monday, Dec. 28, detectives spoke with Barlow for a third interview to obtain a timeline of Barlow’s day on Dec, 21, 2018.

Through statements from Barlow’s employer and his phone records, police were able to discredit his timeline for when Barlow claimed to be at work.

Barlow consented to download his phone.

On Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019, detectives called Barlow in for a fourth interview. He was placed under arrest for an outstanding warrant upon his arrival at OPD.

He was read his rights and agreed to speak with a detective. He was confronted with the contradictions in his statements and the evidence.

Barlow denied everything.

His phone records show Barlow searched for ‘how long does it take finger prints to come back’ on Dec. 24, 2018.

On Dec. 25, 2018, Barlow searched for ‘what is capital murder’.

On Dec. 26, Barlow searched ‘how long does it take to convict someone of anything’ and ‘how to get away with murder.’

Barlow also searched ‘90% of the time suspects come back to the scene’, ‘what does redrum mean’ and ‘is it true that in Louisiana you have 72 hours to arrest someone for murder’.

A DNA sample was obtained from Barlow on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.

Barlow was asked if he would submit to a polygraph on Monday, Jan. 7, 2019. He would not answer the detective.

On April 15, 2019, the DNA results showed the inside and outside of a condom found near Williams’ body at the scene matched Barlow.

An autopsy showed Williams died of two gunshot wounds and ruled the death a homicide.

Barlow arraigned with a $1,000,000 bond by Justice of the Peace Hershel Stagner on Wednesday.

Related Stories:

Candlelight vigil set for 6 p.m. for Williams