Grease fire closes Popeyes

Published 1:41 pm Friday, January 18, 2019

By Eric Williams

The Orange Leader


A early morning grease fire is responsible for causing equipment damages to the cooking area at Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen in Orange.

Orange Fire Department, around 9:15 a.m., Friday, responded to the restaurant in the 1600 block of Link Avenue in reference to a reported grease fire.

Upon arrival on fire fighters found smoke coming from the building.

According to employees on scene, they were not open at the time when the grease fire broke out. Employees attempted to extinguish the fire but were unable to do so.

They quickly exited the building and called 9-1-1 for further assistance.

No injuries were reported from the fire and the restaurant remains closed while repairs are being completed.