‘Beat the Heat’ Fans set for Delivery to Golden Triangle Area Agencies
Published 10:39 am Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Beaumont, Texas—Another long, hot Southeast Texas summer is underway. And, once again, Entergy Texas, Inc. is showing its commitment to those most in need with the 16th year of its “Beat the Heat” fan program. The program provides box fans to charitable, nonprofit agencies which, in turn, give them to their clients. This year, a total of 1,300 fans will be distributed to almost 30 locations throughout the company’s service territory. This year’s deliveries will bring to more than 18,000 the number of fans distributed to qualified customers since the program’s inception.
Deliveries in the Golden Triangle area are set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 4, with deliveries to a number of key distribution sites, per the schedule below.
- 8:30 a.m. Some Other Place, 1119 McFaddin St., Beaumont, 40 fans.
- 9 a.m. Salvation Army-Beaumont, 1490 N. Seventh St. Warehouse, Beaumont, 120
- 9:45 a.m. United Christian Care Center, 293 Wilson, Vidor, 30 fans.
- 10:15 a.m. Salvation Army-Orange, 1950 ML King Jr. at Strickland, Orange, 120 fans.
- 11 a.m. Salvation Army-Port Arthur, 3145 25th, Port Arthur, 120 fans.
- 11:30 a.m. Community Care Prayer Outreach, 808 B Nederland Ave., Nederland, 60 fans.
Other communities and organizations in the Golden Triangle area and the number of fans they will receive this year include: the City of Dayton, 50; the Rainbow Room, Beaumont, 20; St. Vincent DePaul, Winnie, 60; Christian Caring Sharing, Sour Lake, 25; Christian Care Center, Silsbee, along with Hardin County United Appeals and Tri-County CAP, also in Hardin County, will receive a combined total of 75 fans.