Pinehurst Police Beat Jan. 15 – Jan. 30, 2016
From staff reports
The City of Pinehurst Police Department responded to the following calls from Jan. 15 – Jan. 30, 2016:
Friday, Jan. 15
- Officer J. Trussell responded to a motor vehicle accident in the 2500 block of MLK Jr. Drive. There were no reported injuries.
- Officer K. Norton attempted to conduct a traffic stop in the 1500 block of Strickland Drive. The driver of the vehicle refused to stop. The driver, later identified as Brent Corey Arvie, a 33 year old black male, eventually was stopped in the Roselawn addition. He was charged with Evading arrest or detention and several traffic offenses.
- Officer K. Norton responded to a private property accident in the 1900 block of MacArthur Drive.
Saturday, Jan. 16
- Officer K. Norton responded to a retail store in the 2500 block of MLK Jr. Drive in reference to a theft. A white male and two white females were issued criminal trespass warnings after being found in possession of stolen items.
Tuesday, Jan. 19
- Officer J. Trussell was investigating a suspicious person in a retail store in the 2500 block of MLK Jr. Drive. Steven Dean Byerly, a 25-year-old white male, was arrested for Theft, and outstanding warrants for Criminal Trespass, Driving while License Invalid, and 3 Capias Pro Fine warrants.
- Officer C.D. Cowart responded to the 3000 block of Macarthur Drive in reference to unauthorized use of a vehicle. The complainant stated that someone took his vehicle without permission.
Friday, Jan. 22
- Officer K. Norton responded to a motor vehicle accident on Strickland Drive and Martin Street.
Saturday, Jan. 23
- Officer K. Norton responded to the 1600 block of 34thStreet in reference to a burglary of a vehicle. The complainant stated that someone entered her unlocked vehicle and removed an 8” tablet, several bank cards and a checkbook wallet.
- Officer K. Norton conducted a traffic stop in the 2600 block of MLK Jr. Drive. The driver, Dexter Lamar Lewis, a 27-year-old black male, was subsequently arrested for 8 capias Profine warrants.
Sunday, Jan. 24
- Officer K. Norton responded to the 3400 block of Pheasant in reference to a disturbance. Jimmy Ray Wilson, a 41 year-old black male was arrested for aggravated assault after allegedly attempting to strike someone with a vehicle.
- Officer S. Ackley responded to the 200 block of Strickland Drive in reference to a private property accident.
Wednesday, Jan. 27
- Officer J. Trussell responded to the parole office located at 851 Dal Sasso Drive in reference to warrant service. Lester Ray Jenkins, a 63 year old black male was arrested for an outstanding parole warrant.
Friday, Jan. 29
- Officers C.D. Cowart, S. Ackley and Chief Fred R. Hanauer III responded to a parking lot in the 1900 block of Strickland Drive in reference to a disturbance. A 55 year-old white female identified as Billie Marie Langley was arrested for Unlawfully Carrying a Weapon.
Saturday, Jan. 30
- Officer S. Ackley responded to the 3800 block of Pheasant in reference to a disturbance. A white female reported that she had been assaulted.
SOURCE: Pinehurst Police Department
On March 4, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. Louisiana Sex Offender Irin Lee Monceaux, 51 years of age, was arrested at... read more