Early voting begins Tuesday
Published 9:48 am Saturday, February 13, 2016
By Bobby Tingle
Early voting for the March 1 Primary Election is set to begin Tuesday, February 16, 2016. The final day to vote early will be Saturday, February 27, 2016. The polls will not be open Sunday, February 21, 2016. You will be able to vote between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on those days.
To vote early plan to appear in person at one of the following early voting locations; the Orange County Library at 220 N Fifth Street in Orange
the Mauriceville Volunteer Fire Department at 10691 N Hwy 62 in Mauriceville
the Bridge City Public Works Building at 220 Nitsche in Bridge City
or the Raymond Gould Community Center at 385 Clarborne in Vidor.
Applications for ballots by mail must be received no later than the close of business on February 19, 2016. Apply to the Elections Administrator at 123 South 6th St, Orange, TX 77630.
The last day to register to vote in this election was February 1.
To be eligible to vote, one must:
- Be a U.S Citizen
- Be a resident of Orange County
- Be 18 years of age. One may register at 17 years and 10 months of age.
- Not be a convicted felon. Unless the sentence is completed, including probation or parole. One will need to check if re-registering is required.
- Not be declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
Early voters will also need to provide acceptable photo identification when voting in person. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing your photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing your photograph, or
- United States Passport