Gothia announces OC Commissioner Pct. 3 intent
Published 1:27 pm Wednesday, December 2, 2015
To the Citizens of Orange County and Precinct #3
- My name is John Gothia and I am running for Orange County Commissioner Pct. # 3 and would like your vote as the Republican choice. I graduated from Bridge City High School then attended Lamar University for Business before starting my career with Altria where I have worked for 30 years as a Manager. I am married to Glynis Wright Gothia, a Bridge City ISD teacher. Our sons Hunter and Forrest are also graduates of Bridge City High School. For over 25 years I have been involved as a dedicated volunteer and board member for several organizations that help those in need in our community and also serve as a volunteer to help promote our area for Economic Growth. I have lived in Bridge City for over 50 years and my family and I are proud to call Orange County our home.
- I believe our County is at a major turning point in our future and we need someone with the leadership skills necessary to promote and grow Orange County. As your Commissioner I intend to capitalize on this opportunity. In recent years we have all watched as Orange County has not had the growth that is needed to continue our quality of life while other communities around us have grown. Due to this our tax base has reduced, the budgets have had to be cut and services to the citizens have diminished as well as the employees of the county being negatively affected. I know how to balance a budget while remaining fair to all involved, and I also know that the way to increase the services back to the citizens and to the employees is through economic growth. I have the proven ability to bring community and business leaders together to promote our County to business groups and other opportunist looking for expansion or new locations.
- I have the skills necessary to manage the business of the county’s day to day operations along with the energy it’s going to take to return Orange County back to a prosperous and growing community.
- My goal is to work hard to return Orange County back to being financially sound by making it the best place to live, work and play. By doing so the children of our community will be able to remain in Orange County while enjoying the better quality of life and job opportunities.
- I will make a positive impact for the citizens of Orange County by helping to realize the opportunity and I ask for your vote for Commissioner in Precinct #3.