The Orange Leader
PAKCO #1 located at 3031 Highway 12 in Vidor, received an 83 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are in need of the store name and address on all bags of ice sold, several expired food items found on the shelves, a water hose connected to a cooler going outside the building, several areas in need of being cleaned of old food and dirt.
Other scores include:
• Delta Food Mart located at 705 Texas Ave., in Bridge City. Score: 88. Demerits are for towels needs at the hand-washing station, roach found inside three compartment sink, chemicals stored above paper goods and plastic utensils and mold on drink dispensers and slushi machine.
• The Original Snocone Station located at 215 Hebert Street in Bridge City. Score: 96. Demerits are for the need of hair restraints.
• Pizza Hut #2721 located at 580 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 97. Demerits are for floors in the walk-in cooler and storage shelves in need of being cleaned.
• Market Basket #42 located at 11916 Hwy. 62 North in Mauriceville. Score: 97. Demerits are for racks in the milk cooler in need of being cleaned of old foods and dead flies.
• Romano’s 8.31 Italian Restaurant located at 995 West Roundbunch Road in Bridge City. Score: 97. Demerits are for walls and ceiling in need of being cleaned.
• Waffle House located at 2310 Hwy. 62 in Orange. Score: 91. Demerits are for several gnats throughout, and equipment in need of being repaired.
• Subway #7114 located at 1090 Texas Ave. in Bridge City. Score: 96. Demerits are for beef and chicken stored above green bell peppers in the walk-in cooler.
• The Donut Palace located at 5320 North Hwy. 105 in Vidor. Score: 95. Demerits are for sausage and ham at unsafe temperatures.
• Dollar General #6726 located at 320 South Main Street in Vidor. Score: 93. Demerits are for several expired food items on the shelves, and racks inside the milk cooler in need of being cleaned.
• Case Ole #47 located at 1015 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 89. Demerits are for bags of rice and beans left open, not having hot water, inside reach-in freezer in need of being cleaned. It is noted that maintenance tech was called to correct the situation with the hot water and the health inspector was returning the next day to check on the progress.
The following location had zero violations and received a perfect score of 100:
• Fastlane #4 located at 2598 North Main Street in Vidor.