The Orange Leader
Domino’s Pizza located at 970 North Main Street in Vidor received a 90 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are for employees drinks and candy found stored with foods for the public, several flies and gnats found throughout, and ovens in need of being cleaned of old foods.
Other scores include:
• Subway #4151, 300 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 92. Demerits are for grilled chicken and meatballs at unsafe temperatures and slight mold found inside the ice machine.
• Gator’s Nest, 3145 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 97.
• Snappy Express Mart, 3145 Hwy. 87 in Bridge City. Score: 97.
• Whataburger, 1905 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 97.
• Italiano’s Pizza Pasta, 1845 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 96. Demerits are for chicken stored above the shredded cheese.
• Lom’s Seafood, 2507 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 90. Demerits are for food being stored in freezers in the living quarters, and thermometers needed in the coolers and freezers.
• Mutt and Jeff’s, 110 A South Main Street in Vidor. Score: 96. Demerits are for boxes of food stored on the floor in the walk-in freezer.
The following location had zero violations and received a perfect score of 100:
• Shave Ice Delight, 1613 16th Street in Orange.
• Memorial Hermann Baptist, 608 Strickland Drive in Orange.
• Wendy’s #60, 2205 Hwy. 62 in McLewis.
• New Orleans Style Snoball in Vidor.
• Ice Castle Concessions, 1350 North Main Street in Vidor.
• Kimbo’s Concessions, 8220 Quail Trail Road in Orange.
• Kirk’s on 62, 10817 Hwy. 62 in Orange.
• On Your Way Too, 110 South Main Street in Vidor.