The Orange Leader
The Orange County Health Inspector recently inspected Popeye’s Fried Chicken located at 1604 West Link Street in Orange. They received an 86 out of a possible 100. The demerits are for black mold found on ceiling tile near sinks, an employee eating behind counter, cooler in back not staying cold, several ‘clean’ dishes still had old foods on them and had to be pulled to rewash and sanitize and the area around breading station needs to be cleaned and sanitized.
Other scores include:
• Diamond Shamrock located at 3900 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 100.
• Kwick Stop #4 located at 3110 16th Street in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the dry goods shelves.
• Vo Seafood located at 1609 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for needing to date/label foods in cooler and the outside of all storage equipment and coolers in need of being cleaned and sanitized.
• Dairy Queen located at 321 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• HEB Pantry located at 2424 16th Street in Orange. Score: 97. Demerits are for several gnats found in the produce area.
• Jack in the Box located at 2395 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 97.
• The Donut Palace located at 5320 North Highway 105 in Vidor. Score: 92. Demerits are for sausage being at an unsafe temperature, and storage shelves in need of being cleaned of old foods.
• Shipley’s Donuts located at 710 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 97.
• Little Caesars Pizza located at 866 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 90. Demerits are for in need of repairing walls and broken floor tiles, storing chemicals above olives and spices, storage shelves in need of being cleaned of old foods, the door on walk-in cooler and air vents in need of being cleaned.
Dawn Burleigh is a reporter for the Orange Leader. She can be reached at 409-883-3571 ext. 2609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.