Special to The Leader
Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana music fans have seen plenty of legendary concert performances through the years, and more are on the way in 2013. Here’s a look back at some of the events between July 24 through July 30 through the years.
• July 25, 1980 American piano duo Ferrente and Teicher performed at the Lutcher Theater during the venue’s debut season.
• July 26, 2012 Eve 6 and DJ Pauly D performed at the weekly “Party by the Pool” concert series held at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La.
• July 26, 1991 Foghat performed at Rosedale’s II in Beaumont on the “Fools For Your City Tour.”
• July 26, 1958 The talented Fats Domino performed at the Texas Pelican Club in Vinton, La.
• July 27, 1994 Country music stars Gary Morris and Juice Newton performed at the Lutcher Theater.
• July 28, 2012 Dog Jam 2012 featuring “Trespass America Festival” was held at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont featuring an all day metal music marathon. Headlining the event was Five Finger Death Punch, along with other acts Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Pop Evil, Emmure, God Forbid and Battlecross.
• July 29, 2011 Soft rock platinum band Air Supply performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie with Australian rock act, the Little River Band.
• July 29, 2004 Rising country music star Gretchen Wilson arrived in Beaumont for a concert inside Dixie Dance Hall in support of her multi-platinum smash CD, “Here for the Party,” and the hit single, “Redneck Woman.”