Last chance to vote
Published 9:07 am Saturday, November 5, 2016
By Dawn Burleigh
A final opportunity to cast ones ballot is on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Record numbers turned out for Early Voting with numbers exceeding 20,000 ballots cast in Orange County.
On Election Day, Nov. 8, one must vote at one’s voting precinct/box. If unsure of what box or location, call Orange County Election Office before Election Day.
While one needs a voter registration card, one must also show identification.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing your photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing your photograph, or
- United States Passport
While local elections have been decided, on the federal level, one has the opportunity to vote for their choice for President and Vice President.
United States Representative, District 36 seat is on the ballot. Brian Babin (REP) incumbent is running against Hal J Ridley Jr. (GRN).
State level, seven races are on the ballot: Railroad Commissioner, Justice Supreme Court Place 3, Place 5 and Place 9, Judge Court of Criminal Appeals Place 2, Place 5 and Place 6.
Voters can find other helpful information on voting at the LWV-Texas website www.lwvtexas.org or at www.VOTE411.org. The Official 2016 League of Women Voters Guide can also be found on the League of Women Voters website.
VOTE411 allows one to compare two candidates at a time, side by side, to help educate voters.