The Orange Leader
Exxon Food Mart #1 located at 7120 Interstate 10 West in McLewis received an 84 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are the need of the store name and address on all bags of ice sold, beef, rice, beans and fajita chicken at unsafe temperatures, food stored on the floor in the walk-in freezer and slight mold found inside the ice machine.
None of the locations inspected this week received a 100.
Other scores include:
• Snowflakes Donuts located at 1402 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 91, Demerits are for boudin, sausage and eggs at unsafe temperatures, and using pan liners more than once for kolaches.
• Jack in the Box # 3919 located at 2900 16th Street in Orange. Score: 85, Demerits are for eggs at unsafe temperatures and left out on top on the counter, beef and chicken stored above produce and breads in the cooler, and several areas in the storage and taco prep area in need of being cleaned.
• Domino’s Pizza located at 7166 North Hwy. 87 in Orange. Score: 92. Demerits are for an employee drink mixed with foods for public consumption, and the 3 compartment sink in need of repairs.
• Burger King located at 605 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 94. Demerits are for several flies fund throughout, and areas of flooring and door to walk-in coolers in need of repairs.
• Kwick Stop Valero located at 2210 South Main Street in Vidor. Score: 94, Demerits are for soap and several dishes found sitting inside sink and slime found inside ice machine.