The Orange Leader
The Donut Palace, 5603 North Highway 87 in Orange, was found to have health code violations during a recent inspection.
The business received an 87 out of a possible 100 for violations pertaining to sausage and eggs found at improper temperatures, the need for hair restraints and for storing dough inside plastic grocery bags.
Other scores include:
• Smokers Express located at 1050 16th Street in Orange. Score: 89. Demerits are for the need of name and address on all bags of ice sold, several expired items on the shelves, and mold found inside and outside of slushi machine.
• Little Cypress Elementary located at 5725 Meeks Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Orangefield Junior High located at 7745 Sand Bar Road in Orangefield. Score: 100.
• West Orange Middle School located at 500 North 13th Street in Orange. Score: 100.
• West Orange High School located at 1400 Newton Street in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for a couple of dead roaches found and equipment in need of repairs.
• Sammy’s Stop located at 2016 Pine Bark Blvd. in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves.
• Crawfish Capitol Sales located at 8207 North Hwy. 62 in Mauriceville. Score: 100.
• Dollar General Store #4330 located at 3024 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves and inside the milk cooler in need of being cleaned.