The Orange Leader
WEST ORANGE —
The Snack Box located at 3115 Edgar Brown Drive in West Orange, received a 95 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are for sausage at unsafe temperatures.
Other scores include:
• Stateline Chevron Food located at 2323 Lutcher Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for in need of name and address on all bags of ice sold and the ice scoop found inside a cardboard box.
• Mama Lesa Sweets and Treats located at 1007 West Park Avenue in Orange. Score: 100.
• Family Dollar #8740 located at 11701 Hwy. 62 North in Mauriceville. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves.
• Whataburger #536 located at 2300 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for several gnats throughout, the three compartment sink and drink dispensers in need of repair.
• Pizza Hut #2716 located at 1720 Lutcher Drive in Orange. Score: 97.
• Subway #51959 located at 2496 MLK Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Donut Nation located at 18394 Highway 62 in Orange. Score: 95. Demerits are for sausage and boudain at unsafe temperatures.
• Sonic #5783 located at 2210 Highway 62 in McLewis. Score: 100.
• Kroger #950 located at 1600 16th Street in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves.
• Kroger Deli #950 located at 1600 16th Street in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for several gnats found throughout and no sanitizer found at the dishwasher.