ORANGE — Orange County Health inspector recently re-inspected Kam Wah Buffet, 150 Strickland Drive in Orange. The establishment was inspected in November and revisited a week later due to a low score at the first visit. A complaint was filed with the Environmental Health and Code Compliance Department concerning the business. The restaurant received an 82 out of a possible 100. Demerit are for in need of dating and labeling all foods in the cooler and freezer, in need of covering all foods in the walk-in and reach-in coolers, for storing foods on the floor in the walk-in cooler and several dead roaches found in the kitchen area.
Other scores include:
• Popeye’s Chicken #4763 located at 952 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 94. Demerits are for pipes in need of repair at the three compartment sink and several clean dishes with old foods still stuck on them.
• Walgreens #10139 located at 1305 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Neches Grocery located at 3035 Highway 1131 in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Pop’s Place (The Pit Stop) located at 4795 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 96. Demerits are for defrosting fish inside the three compartment sink.
• Lucy’s Cafe and Bakery located at 2488 MLK Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Walmart Deli #777 located at 3115 Edgar Brown Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Family Dollar Store #4946 located at 1540 Strickland in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for 104 expired items on the shelves.