ORANGE — General Wok #6 located at 1803 16th Street in Orange, received a 78 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are for eggrolls found at an unsafe temperature, in need of dating and labeling all foods in the cooler and freezers, foods being stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler, a cooler not keeping temperature, hand-washing sink and three compartment sink in need of repairs and the area around the fryers and grill in need of being cleaned of old grease.
Other scores include:
• CVS Pharmacy #6491 located at 1295 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 97. Demerits are for the area under the milk racks in need of being cleaned.
• Bar-B-Que Depot #1 located at 110 Old Highway 90 East in Vidor. Score: 97. Demerits are for several gnats and flies found throughout.
• Texas Country Store #10 located at 9508 Highway 12 in Mauriceville. Score: 89. Demerits are for the need of the store name and address on all bags of ice sold, several expired food items on the shelves, and slime found inside the ice machine.
• Shell Star Stop #12 located at 11384 Highway 12 in Mauriceville. Score: 94. Demerits are for motor oil being stored above pet food, and slime found inside the ice machine.
• Waffle House #1031 located at 115 East Freeway in Vidor. Score: 93. Demerits are for storing raw meat above milk in the walk-in cooler, racks in reach-in cooler in need of repair.
• Gonzales Food #2 located at the corner of Highway 62 and FM 105 in Orangefield. Score: 97. Demerits are for reach in cooler not keeping proper temperature.
• Laredos Mexican Restaurant located at 12181 Highway 62 North in Mauriceville. Score: 96. Demerits are for the need to date and label all foods in the cooler.
• Spanky’s Bar and Grill located at 1703 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 91. Demerits are for coolers throughout kitchen and salad bar not keeping temperatures, several flies found throughout, and areas around fryers and inside coolers were in need of being cleaned. The report notes management was called during the inspection in reference to the coolers in need of repairs.
• Dairy Queen located at 2426 16th Street in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for foods stored on the floor in the walk-in freezers, freezers in need of being cleaned and frozen cakes found uncovered in front lobby reach-in freezers.
• Market Basket #3 located at 2005 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 94. Demerits are for dead mice found on sticky traps in back storage areas, floors and shelves inside milk cooler in need of being cleaned.
• Market Basket Deli #3 located at 2005 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 88. Demerits are for lettuce and utensils found inside the hand-washing sink, several flies found throughout, dead mouse found on a sticky trap and outside of storage containers in need of being cleaned at cake station. The report notes an employee disposed of the mouse during the inspection.
The following location had zero violations and received a perfect score of 100:
• Speedy Stop Food Mart #32 located at 690 North Main Street in Vidor.
• Sure Catch Seafood located at 605 West Roundbunch Road in Bridge City.
• Panthers Den located at 5970 White Oak Road in Mauriceville.
• Whataburger #478 located at 540 South Main Street in Vidor.