The Orange County Health Inspector James Scales inspected a record 31 booths last weekend between the Orange Riverfront Festival and Arts in the Park.
Star Stop #6 located at 1101 Green Avenue in Orange received an 89 out of a possible 100. Demerits are for needing the name and address son all bags of ice sold, 11 expired items on the shelves, mold found inside the ice machine and in need of replacing a broken ice scoop.
Other scores include:
• Dollar Tree #1193 located at 170 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
• Sleep Inn and Suites located at 2245 Highway 62 in Orange. Score: 100.
• LaQuinta Inn an Suites located at 2220 Highway 62 South in Orange. Score: 100.
• Kid’s Castle located at 100 Parkside Place Drive in Bridge City. Score: 100.
• Subway #3353 located at 2809 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 90. Demerits are for an employee’s cell phone on the prep table, food sitting inside the hand-washing sink, and slight mold found on the drink dispensers.
• Texas Country Store #1 located at 3701 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves.
• Big Lots #1053 located at 2260 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for several expired items on the shelves.
• Fuzzy’s Taco Shop located at 110 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 94. Demerits are for areas such as vents above the grills, fryers and the floors of the walk in cooler in need of being cleaned.
• Hampton Inn Orange located at 2080 Interstate 10 West in Orange. Score: 100.
• Holiday Inn Express located at 2655 Interstate 10 West in Orange. Score: 100.
• Gary’s Coffee Shop located at 2650 Lutcher Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for in need of covering all foods in the coolers, a head of lettuce turning brown/black, several tomatoes with mold, several ‘clean’ dishes with old foods on them and chipped plates.