The Little Cypress-Mauriceville Consolidated Independent School District will have an election this May as three candidates seek one of the two positions on the Board of Trustees.
Incumbent Jason Woods, Position 7, has filed for re-election and will be opposed by candidate Blake Istre. Rex Peveto, the incumbent for Position 6, will run unopposed. Ron Borel originally filed as a candidate for the position as well, but withdrew his name prior to the final deadline.
Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD is also holding a bond election this May and is seeking $56 million to make much needed repairs and new construction at many of its aging campuses.
A big point of the bond election is not only to replace the older buildings, but to greatly improve security at each campus in the district.
Early voting hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday, April 29; Wednesday, May 1 through Friday, May 3; and again on Monday, May 6. Extended voting hours are 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 30 and Tuesday, May 7. There are numerous voting locations for district patrons to utilize as well.
Voters may submit ballots at the Orange Public Library, 220 N. Fifth St. in Orange, the LC-M Education Center at 6579 FM 1130 and at the Mauriceville Volunteer Fire Department at 10691 State Highway 62 North for both the bond election and the Board of Trustees election.
Additional voting locations will be available during open house events at each campus, but are limited to strictly the hours and date listed.
• Little Cypress Junior High, 6765 FM 1130, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 30
• Little Cypress Intermediate, 2300 Allie Payne, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 2
• LC-M High School, 7327 State Highway 87 North, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m., Monday, May 6
• Little Cypress Elementary, 5723 Meeks Drive, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 7
• Mauriceville Middle School, 19952 FM 1130, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m., Tuesday, May 7
• Mauriceville Elementary, 20040 FM 1130, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m., Tuesday, May 7