The Orange Leader
James Scales, Orange County health inspector said school cafeteria workers are very cautious with the kitchens.
“The ladies work very hard,” Scales said. “They have to meet the same standards as other businesses. They do a great job.”
The inspector recently performed a routine inspection at Mauriceville Junior High located at 19952 Highway 1130 in Mauriceville. They received an 96 out of a possible 100. Demerits are for storing food boxes on the floor in the walk-in cooler.
The following schools were also inspected and each received a 100 out of a possible 100:
• Donna’s Childcare and Preschool located at 1406 West Park Avenue in Orange.
• Bridge City Elementary located at 1035 West Roundbunch Road in Bridge City.
• Bridge City Middle School located at 300 Bower in Bridge City.
• Little Cypress Elementary located at 5725 Meeks Drive in Orange.
• Little Cypress Junior High located at 6756 FM 1130 in Orange.
• Mauriceville Elementary located at 20040 FM 1130 in Mauriceville.
• West Orange Middle School located at 500 North 16th Street in Orange.
• Oak Forest Elementary located at 2400 Highway 12 in Vidor.
• Pine Forest Elementary located at 4150 North Main Street in Vidor.
• Vidor Middle School located at 2500 Highway 12 in Vidor.
• Vidor Junior High located at 945 North Tram Road in Vidor.