The Orange County Health Inspector recently inspected Sunmart #363 located at 333 Lutcher Drive in Orange. They received a 67 out of a possible 100. The demerits were for two separate living quarters inside store, eating/storing employee foods inside cooler, expired foods found, open bags of rice/foods stored in plastic grocery bags, no hot water at either sink, German roach found in kitchen, no current food permit and mold found in drink dispenser and inside ice machine.
The inspector returned six days later for reinspection. The report states the hot water and living quarter violations have been corrected.
Other scores include:
• Church’s Chicken, located at 7409 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 97.
• Texas Country Store #2 located at 7411 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 97.
• The Pit Stop located at 4795 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 92. Demerits were dates left off beans, pies and cornbread.
• Vidor Superette Store located at 5645 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 86. Demerits were for no hot water at either sink, towels needed at hand sink, and a couple of dead roaches found in storage room.
• Lagniappa @ Yummo’s located at 3114 Highway 87 in Orange. Score: 100.
• Spindletop Restaurant located at 1480 West Freeway in Vidor. Score: 96.
• Gateway - Chevron located at 1480 West Freeway in Vidor. Score: 93. The inspection was not a routine inspection but for compliance. It is noted on the report that no problems were found with the stores plumbing. The demerits were for name and address needed on all bags of ice sold and mold found on drink dispensers.
• Delta Food Mart located at 705 Texas Avenue in Bridge City. Score: 93. Demerits were for issues with the hot water, chemicals stores above paper goods and plastic utensils. It is noted on the report the store’s original permit was for no food prep and the store is now making and selling pizzas. The inspector returned the next day and noted all hot water issues have been corrected.
• Stateline Chevron located at 2323 Lutcher Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits were for needing the name/date on all bags of ice sold and for not having a compartment sink to wash dishes. It is noted on the report the store will not sell any pizzas or wings until the proper sink is installed.
Dawn Burleigh is a reporter for the Orange Leader. She can be reached at 409-883-3571 ext. 2616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.