The Orange Leader
Church’s Chicken #1440, located at 1105 North Main Street in Vidor recently closed it’s doors due to not having hot running water. The business closed to call a plumber and have a new hot water heater installed. The restaurant was given the okay to open back up after all inspections from the City of Vidor/Orange County Health Department. The manager stated that all the dishes had been rewashed, according to the health report. The business did not receive a score due to being closed to repair the hot water problem. The business has since closed officially on Saturday with no plans to reopen. The City of Vidor nor the Orange County Environmental Health Code Compliance offices closed the business.
• CVS Pharmacy #6374 located at 290 Strickland in Orange. Score: 100.
• Star Stop #3 located at 1402 16th Street in Orange. Score: 92. Demerits are for in need of having the name and address on all bags of ice sold and several expired items pulled from the shelves.
• Novrozsky’s Restaurant located at 501 North 16th Street in Orange. Score: 97. Demerits are for several gnats found in the storage room.
• Kidz World Learning Center located at 1875 Miller Drive in Bridge City. Score: 100.
• Orange County Jail located at 105 South Border Street in Orange. Score: 100.
• Donut Hole located at 1609 16th Street in Orange. Score: 95. Demerits are for sausage and boudin at unsafe temperatures.