The Orange Leader
Pinehurst BBQ and Steak, 100 Strickland Drive in Orange, received an 87 out of a possible 100 during a recent health inspection. The restaurant received demerits for rice at improper temperatures and sitting inside a microwave, some foods in the walk-in cooler not dated, and raw beef stored above fruits inside a reach-in cooler.
Other scores include:
• Meals on Wheels located at 103 5th Street in Orange. Score: 100.
• Mongolian Grill and Sushi located at 3104 Edgar Brown Drive in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for storing food inside walk-in cooler.
• James Brown Gumbo House located at 995 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 96. Demerits are for needing to date all foods inside the coolers.
• Decent Store located at 110 Texla Road in Vidor. Score: 89. Demerits are for the store name and address needing to be on all bags of ice sold, several expired items on the shelves and gaskets in need of repair.
• Food Mart #2 915 Hwy. 1131 in Vidor. Score: 92. Demerits are for the store name and address needing to be on all bags of ice sold, and several expired items on the shelves.
• Community Church School located at 3400 North MLK Drive in Orange. Score : 96. Demerits are for chicken stored above produce in the walk-in cooler. The health inspector advised the manager to place all chicken on the bottom shelves of the coolers.
Three schools were recently inspected by the Orange County Health Inspector and received perfect scores of 100.
The schools are:
• Tekoa Academy located at 1701 North 14th Street in Orange.
• Orangefield High School located at 10058 FM 105 in Orangefield.
• St. Mary’s School located at 2600 Bob Hall Road in Orange.