Joel D. Ardoin, Orange County Health and Code Compliance Director, said all establishments now have current Food Service permits.
The Orange County Health Inspector recently did a field inspection at Orange Seafood and Steakhouse located at 3104 Edgar Brown in Orange. They received a 64 out of a possible 100. The demerits are for eggs at 83.8 degrees instead of between 41-45 degrees, having molded noodles, having several flies and infested with roaches, having a baby in the back, in need of dating/label foods in the cooler, several vegetables having mold on them, storing chicken above vegetables, in need of towels at hand-sink, thermometers needed in all coolers, all floors, walls and equipment in need of being cleaned and sanitized of old foods and several pieces of equipment having dead roaches. Management must demonstrate a Knowledge/Certified Food Manager. The management is required to take classes according to the report.
Other scores include:
• La Estrella Mexican Market located at 12181 Highway 12 in Mauriceville. Score: 92. Demerits are for hair restraint needed and in need of dating and labeling all foods in the cooler/freezer.
• Tex-Mex Grill located at 7120 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 97.
• Exxon Food Mart #1 located at 7120 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 96. Demerits are for having to pull several items of expired foods.
• Whataburger located at 7241 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 100.
• Gonzales Food #2 located at the corner of Highway 62 and 105 in Orangefield. Score: 97.
• Dollar General located at 9692 FM 105 in Orangefield. Score: 100.
• The Vidor Inn located at 165 East Courtland in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Holiday Inn Express located at 260 East Freeway in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Walgreens #10139 located at 1305 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 100.
• Super Star Food Mart located at 420 South Main Street in Vidor. Score: 96. Demerits are for expired food items in the shelves.
• Donut Nation located at 18394 Highway 62 in Orangefield. Score: 95. Demerits are for the sausage and boudain being at too low a temperature.
• Family Dollar Store located at 1540 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 100.
Dawn Burleigh is a reporter for the Orange Leader. She can be reached at 409-883-3571 ext. 2609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.