ORANGE — Orange County Health inspector recently re-inspected Kotoyama, 2226 MacArthur Drive in Orange. The restaurant received a 83 out of a possible 100. Demerits are for in need if dating and labeling all foods in the cooler, soap and towels needed at the hand-washing sink, dead roaches found in the kitchen, foods stored on the floor inside walk-in coolers and freezer and bottled drinks submerged inside the ice machine. The inspector informed the establishment that the drinks needed to be removed and to empty the ice machine of all ice.
Other scores include:
• Taco Bell located at 2929 16th Street in Orange. Score: 97.
• McDonald’s located at 2311 Highway 62 in Orange. Score: 89. Demerits are for storing hamburger patties directly on cardboard box, several expired foods in cooler, mold found inside ice machine and drink dispensers, and ‘clean’ dishes with old foods still stuck on.
• Denny’s Restaurant at Flying J Truck stop located at 7112 Interstate 10 West in Orange. Score: 83. Demerits are for an employee cell phone on the prep table, need to date an label all foods in the cooler, no towels at the hand-washing sink, several gnats in the kitchen, several ‘clean’ dishes with old foods still on them.
• Dairy Queen located at 1780 Texas Ave. in Bridge City. Score: 100.
• Bridge City Food Mart located at 1000 West Roundbunch Road in Bridge City. Score: 96.
• Jack in the Box #4718 located t 1315 North Main Street in Vidor. Score: 93. Demerits are for an employee with improper jewelry and storage equipment needs to be cleaned of old foods.
Dawn Burleigh is a reporter at The Orange Leader. She can be reached at email@example.com and followed on Twitter @DawnBurleigh