The Orange Leader
Wienerschnitzel located at 2420 MacArthur Drive in Orange, received an 84 out of a possible 100 during a recent health code inspection. The demerits are the need of hair restraints, a manager wearing a nose ring, no hand washing station, flies found throughout, several areas in need of repairs, several areas in need of cleaning and light shields needed throughout.
Other scores include:
• Chili’s Bar and Grill located at 292 Strickland Drive in Orange. Score: 89. Demerits are for foods in the cooler in need of being properly labeled and dated, food being stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler/freezer, “clean” dishes with old foods still on them and the floors throughout in need of being cleaned.
• M & S Grocery located at 10876 FM 1130 in Orange. Score 93. Demerits are for the need for the store name and address on all bags of ice sold and mold found on the ceiling of the walk-in cooler.
• Days Inn located at 2630 Interstate 10 in Orange. Score: 95. Demerits are for boiled eggs left on the counter at unsafe temperatures.
• Texas Snostorm located at 2202 MacArthur Drive in Orange. Score: 93. Demerits are for the need of hair restraints as well as the need for cabinets and floors in need of being cleaned of syrup buildup.
The following locations had zero violations and received a perfect score of 100:
• Subway located at 3736 North 16th Street in Orange.
• Cool Breeze located at 2227 Texas Ave. in Bridge City.