(Orange, Texas)

August 13, 2013

Utility worker dies, electrocuted in South Texas

Associated Press

VICTORIA, Texas — A utility worker has been electrocuted while in a raised bucket checking power lines in South Texas.

The Victoria County Sheriff's Office says the man came in contact with power lines Monday in Victoria. The sheriff's office on Tuesday did not immediately update the investigation or provide the name of the man. He was declared dead at a hospital.

A spokeswoman for Victoria Electric Cooperative says the victim was a contract worker. Brittany Marsh says the man was working on a power line and she had no additional details about the accident.