ORANGE — Great music is never far away, and the month of September has been a great time for national artists to head to Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. Below are some of the show which occurred in the area between Sept. 4 - Sept. 10.
• Sept. 4, 2005 Sammy Kershaw, Tracy Byrd, Mark Chesnutt and Zona Jones performed at the annual Labor Day Music Festival at Ford Pavilion.
• Sept. 5, 1968 Country music great Johnny Cash performed at the Beaumont Municipal Auditorium.
• Sept. 6, 1982 British heavy metal band Judas Priest, touring in support of its July 1982 release “Screaming for Vengeance,” performed at the Lake Charles Civic Center with special guest Krokus.
• Sept. 7, 2012 Country music star Ronnie Milsap returned to Southeast Texas for a showcase inside Nutty Jerry’s Entertainment Complex in Winnie, Texas.
• Sept. 7, 1983 Blues musician and Southeast Texas native Johnny Winter performed at the Beaumont Civic Center.
• Sept. 8, 2012 Classic rock outfit Three Dog Night performed to a sold-out crowd at the Delta Downs Event Center in Vinton, La.
• Sept. 9, 1979 Black Oak Arkansas performed inside the Beaumont Civic Center in support of its 1978 release, “I’d Rather be Sailing.”