ORANGE — Great music acts have frequented Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana music venues through the years. Below is a list of some of those shows.
• July 31, 2005 California-based rockers Ra performed at Antone’s on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont in support of its sophomore album, “Duality.”
• Aug. 3, 2008 Country music legend Willie Nelson returned to Southeast Texas for a concert inside the Julie Rogers Theater in downtown Beaumont.
• Aug. 3, 2003 The “Rock the Mic Tour” rolled into Beaumont with a showcase at the Southeast Texas Entertainment Complex featuring performances by Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes, Fabulous and Sean Paul.
• Aug. 4, 2011 Creedence Clearwater Revisited performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• Aug. 6, 2006 The band Origin performed an intimate concert at the Vortex in Beaumont.