Tommy Mann Jr.
The Orange Leader
Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years. Below are the shows for the week of May 14 through May 20.
• May 14, 2006 Georgia metal band Sevendust returned to Southeast Texas for the first time since the fall of 2003 for a concert at Cactus Canyon in Beaumont with special guest Hour Cast. Sevendust was touring in support of its October 2005 release, “Next.”
• May 16, 2013 Granger Smith performed at Dixie Dancehall on Crockett Street in Beaumont.
• May 17, 2009 Country music star Alan Jackson performed at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont with special guest act, the Eli Young Band.
• May 18, 2012 Rock musician Joe Walsh traveled to Chambers County for a concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• May 18, 2005 The Rev. Horton Heat traveled to Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont. Special guests included the Supersuckers and Murphy’s Law.
• May 19, 2013 Murder FM performed at The Gig in downtown Beaumont.
• May 19, 2012 Country music icon Loretta Lynn performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• May 19, 2004 Tennessee rock outfit Saliva was back in Beaumont for a concert at Antone’s as the band toured in advance of its August 2004 release, “Survival of The Sickest.”
• May 20, 2011 Country music singer Joe Nichols performed at Whiskey River in Beaumont in advance of his November 2011 release, “It’s All Good.”