The Orange Leader
Take a look back at some of the great shows which have entertained music fans across Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years.
• April 9, 2011 Earth, Wind and Fire performed at the Beaumont Civic Center as part of the annual Christus St. Elizabeth Annual Gala.
• April 11, 1983 Legendary punk rockers the Ramones performed at Cardi’s in Beaumont in support of its February 1983 release, “Subterranean Jungle,” which features the songs “Time Bomb,” “Psycho Therapy,” and “Outsider.”
• April 13, 2013 Country music artist Travis Tritt arrived in Southeast Texas for a concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie with special guest Shooter Jennings.
• April 13, 1980 Rock band Journey arrived in Southeast Texas in support of its March 1980 release, “Departure,” featuring the smash single, “Any Way You Want It.” The album was the group’s first to enter the Top 10 and eventually sold more than three million copies.
• April 13, 1979 The legendary singer Barry White performed to a capacity crowd inside the Lake Charles Civic Center as he toured in support of new release, “I Love to Sing the Songs I Sing,” his last album for the 20th Century label.
• April 14, 2009 Rock act Chevelle arrived in Beaumont for a concert at Scout Bar as the band toured in advance of its August 2009 release, “Sci-Fi Crimes,” featuring the hit “Jars.” 10 Years also performed in support of its May 2008 release, “Division,” featuring the single “Beautiful.”
• April 14, 1982 Ferrante and Teicher performed at the Lutcher Theater in Orange.
• April 15, 2011 The “Motor City Madman,” Ted Nugent, made his first ever concert appearance at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas. Special guest act was Southeast Texas native Mark Chesnutt.
• April 15, 1988 The legendary Tommy Dorsey Band performed at the Lutcher Theater in Orange.