ORANGE — Take a look back at what big name music acts have performed in Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana during the start of the holiday season. Here is a listing of shows which occurred during the week of Nov. 27 through Dec. 3.
• Nov. 29, 1983 British blues-rock band Foghat returned to Southeast Texas for a showcase at Cardi’s in Beaumont as the group toured in support of its May 1983 release, “Zig-Zag Walk.” This was the band’s last album until 1994.
• Nov. 29-30, 2012 The Midtown Men, four Broadway actors from the cast of “Jersey,” brought their sounds of the ’60s to the Lutcher Theater in Orange as the quartet performed hit songs by The Beatles, The Beach Boys, the greats of Motown and more.
• Nov. 30, 2012 Staind vocalist Aaron Lewis arrived in Southeast Texas on his country music solo tour in support of his album, “The Road,” with a concert at Nutty Jerry’s.
• Dec. 1, 1978 Canadian rock group Triumph arrived in Beaumont in support of its album “Rock and Roll Machine,” which was released in the United States in June 1978.
• Dec. 2, 2005 Country music acts Gretchen Wilson, along with tourmates Big and Rich, performed in front of several thousand rowdy fans inside Ford Arena in Beaumont.
• Dec. 2, 1983 Musician Chuck Mangione performed at the Lutcher Theater in downtown Orange in support of his album, “Journey to a Rainbow.”