The Orange Leader
Great music is never far away, and the month of May has been a great time for national artists to head to Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. Below are some of the show which occurred in the area between May 15 - May 21.
• May 17, 2009 Country music star Alan Jackson performed at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont with special guest act, the Eli Young Band.
• May 18, 2012 Rock musician Joe Walsh traveled to Chambers County for a concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• May 19, 2012 Country music icon Loretta Lynn performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• May 18, 2005 The Rev. Horton Heat traveled to Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont. Special guests included the Supersuckers and Murphy’s Law.
• May 19, 2004 Tennessee rock outfit Saliva was back in Beaumont for a concert at Antone’s as the band toured in advance of its August 2004 release, “Survival of The Sickest.”
• May 20, 2011 Country music singer Joe Nichols performed at Whiskey River in Beaumont in advance of his November 2011 release, “It’s All Good.”
• May 21, 2012 Up and coming country musician Jamey Johnson performed at Dixie Dancehall on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont as he toured in support of his platinum August 2008 release, “That Lonesome Song.”
• May 21, 2004 Country music outlaw David Allan Coe performed inside Ford Park Exhibit Hall in Beaumont. Traffic issues caused Coe to arrive more than two hours late for his performance.