BEAUMONT — Take a look back at the great music events which have occurred across Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana through the years. Here are some of the events from May 2 through May 8.
• May 4, 2011 Country music legend Willie Nelson performed at the Beaumont Civic Center.
• May 4, 1975 Elvis Presley performed at the Lake Charles Civic Center in support of his January 1975 release, “Promised Land,” which featured the title track of the same name originally recorded by Chuck Berry. The album reached No. 1 on the Country Albums chart.
• May 5, 2011 Christian rock band Jars of Clay brough “The Shelter” tour to the Lake Charles Civic Center.
• May 6, 2011 Country music star Jason Aldean performed at Ford Pavilion in Beaumont in support of November 2010 release, “My Kinda Party.” Special guests included Eric Church and the Jane Dear Girls. It was the fourth highest attended concert in Ford Park history.
• May 7, 2008 Alternative rock act Candlebox returned to Southeast Texas for a concert inside the Ford Park Exhibit Hall in Beaumont.
• May 7, 2005 No stranger to Southeast Texas, Willie Nelson performed at the Beaumont Civic Center with special guests Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed.
• May 8, 2004 The Temptations dazzled a capacity crowd at the Jefferson Theater with its classic song and dance show.