ORANGE — The month of February is surprisingly one of the busiest months of the calendar year for concert events in Southeast Texas. Look below at some of the shows which have taken place in region during the week of Feb. 5 - Feb. 11.
• Feb. 5, 2009 Cross Canadian Ragweed returned to Southeast Texas for a headlining concert at the Dixie Dancehall in Beaumont in support of its October 2007 release, “Mission California.” Special guest act was Micky and the Motorcars.
• Feb. 6, 2009 Radio rock outfit 3 Doors Down returned to Beaumont for a concert at Ford Arena in Beaumont as the band toured in support of its self-titled May 2008 release, which was also the band’s second consecutive album to debut at number one on the Billboard albums chart. Special guests included Seether, Hoobastank and Safety Suit.
• Feb. 6, 1987 Bon Jovi, touring in support of its defining, multi-platinum record “Slippery When Wet,” performed in front of a sell out crowd at the Lake Charles Civic Center. Opening the show was Cinderella, touring behind its smash debut album, “Night Songs.”
• Feb. 6, 1956 Johnny Cash traveled to Southeast Texas to perform at a private event in Port Arthur.
• Feb. 7, 2013 Kid Rock arrived in Beaumont for a concert at Ford Arena in support of his November 2012 release, “Rebel Soul.” Buckcherry provided main support as the band toured in advance of its Feb. 19, 2012 release, “Confessions.” Hellbound Glory served as the opening act.
• Feb. 7, 2013 Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra wioth Winton Marsalis performed in front of a capacity crowd at the Lutcher Theater in Orange.
• Feb. 7, 2009 Country music group Little Big Town performed inside the Delta Downs Event Center in Vinton, La.
• Feb. 7, 1981 The legendary Johnny Cash performed inside the Port Arthur Civic Center.
• Feb. 7, 1980 The always entertaining Liberace was the featured artist in the first-ever concert of the newly opened Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts. The concert was a sold out event.