Tommy Mann Jr.
The Orange Leader
Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years.
• March 19, 2004 Teen music sensation Hilary Duff performed a sold out concert at Ford Arena in Beaumont.
• March 20, 2013 Metal groups Otep, Picture Me Broken and One Eyed Doll performed at The Gig in downtown Beaumont.
• March 21, 1987 Country music singer Louise Mandrell was in concert inside the Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts in Orange.
• March 22, 2013 Flordia-based rock outfit Matchbox Twenty performed at L’Auberge Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La. in support of its platinum selling September 2012 release, “North.”
• March 22, 2005 Denver grindcore outfit Cephalic Carnage performed at The Art Studio in Beaumont, Texas in support of its new album, released just 10 days earlier, “Anomalies.”
• March 22, 2004 Throw Rag, a punk rock group from California, rocked Islands Bar and Grill in Beaumont.
• March 22, 1986 Christian rock band Stryper performed at the Montagne Center of Lamar University in Beaumont as the group toured in support of its May 1985 release, “Soldiers Under Command.”
• March 22, 1976 Rock band Kansas arrived at the Lake Charles Civic Center for a concert in support of its September 1975 release, “Masque.” Bad Company also performed as the group toured in support of its third album, “Run with the Pack.”
• March 23, 2013 Blues masters Buddy Guy and Jimmie Vaughan performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.
• March 23, 2004 Tantric arrived in Beaumont as the band performed at Antone’s on Crockett Street in support of its February 2004 sophomore effort, “After We Go.” Special guest act was Silvertide.
• March 23, 1985 The rock band Autograph, best known for its hit song “Turn Up the Radio,” performed in Lake Charles, La. with special guest Red Zone.
• March 24, 2006 Country music legends George Jones and Merle Haggard performed to a standing room only crowd inside Ford Arena in Beaumont.
• March 24, 2005 Saliva, touring in support of its August 2004 CD, “Survival of the Sickest,” performed at Antone’s on Crockett Street in Beaumont.
• March 25, 2011 Multi-platinum rock act REO Speedwagon delivered an astounding concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie, Texas.
• March 25, 2004 Country music legend Merle Haggard performed at Dixie Dancehall in downtown Beaumont to a near-capacity crowd in support of his September 2003 release, “Haggard Like Never Before.”