ORANGE — Take a look back at some of the great music events featuring national artists which have traveled through Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana over the years.
• March 13, 1983 Kiss performed at the Beaumont Civic Center in support of its album, “Creatures of the Night,” which was the last album to feature the group wearing its trademark make-up. The album featured Ace Frehley on the cover, but most of the guitar work was recorded by his eventual replacement, Vinnie Vincent. Opening the show was punk-metal band, the Plasmatics, which featured the outrageous Wendy O. Williams.
• March 14, 2013 Country music singer Greg Bates performed at Dixie Dancehall in Beaumont in support of his July 2012 self-titled EP featuring the hit single, “Do It for the Girl.”
• March 14, 2006 Bay area band The Heavenly States performed a concert at The Vortex in Beaumont.
• March 14, 2004 Rock musician and guitarist Pat Travers performed at Islands Bar and Grill in Beaumont.
• March 16, 2013 Country music singer Neal McCoy performed a free concert for several thousand fans as part of the Orange County Riverfront Festival in conjunction with the Bassmater Elite Series “Sabine River Challenge” fishing tournament.
• March 16, 2013 Country music entertainer Ronnie Milsap performed at the Isle of Capri in Lake Charles, La.
• March 16, 1979 UFO performed at the Beaumont City Auditorium in support of its June 1978 album, “Obsession,” and its January 1979 double-live album, “Strangers in the Night.” Judas Priest opened the show as the band toured in support of its October 1978 release, “Hell Bent for Leather.”
• March 16, 1968 Legendary British rockers The Who performed two shows in the Beaumont City Auditorium in support of the band’s third album, “The Who Sell Out,” which featured the single “I Can See for Miles.”
• March 17, 2012 Hard rock bands Warrant and Dokken performed at the Delta Downs Event Center in Vinton, La. Warrant was touring in support of its May 2011, release, “Rockaholic,” while Dokken was touring ahead of its soon-to-be-released CD, “Broken Bones.”