The Orange Leader
Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana music fans have seen plenty of legendary concert performances through the years, and more are on the way in 2013. Here’s a look back at some of the events between June 19 through June 25 through the years.
• June 19, 2007 Blues great B.B. King performed a rescheduled concert inside the Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts in Orange.
• June 20, 1955 Elvis Presley performed the first of two shows in a two day span inside the Beaumont Municipal Auditorium.
• June 21, 2012 Country music star John Conlee, along with special guest Johnny Lee and the Urban Cowboy Band, performed at Whiskey River in Beaumont.
• June 21, 2008 Country music star and American Idol winner Carrie Underwood performed to a capacity crowd at Ford Arena in Beaumont as the singer toured in support of her multi-platinum album, “Carnival Ride.” Jason Michael Carroll opened the show.
• June 21, 1955 Elvis Presley performed the second of two shows inside the Beaumont Municipal Auditorium.
• June 22, 2012 Country music singer Miranda Lambert returned to Beaumont in support of her fourth album, “Four the Record,” featuring “Baggage Claim” and “Over You.” She also used the show as a fundraising event for the Fifth Annual Cause for the Paws tour. Opening acts included Wade Bowen and the Josh Abbott Band.
• June 22, 2012 Rock band Foreigner performed inside the event center at L’Auberge du Lac Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La.
• June 23, 2012 Country music legend Kenny Rogers performed in front of a small, but lively crowd at Nutty Jerry’s Entertainment Complex in Winnie.
• June 23, 2011 The Oak Ridge Boys returned to Southeast Texas for the first time in nearly five years with a showcase at Nutty Jerry's in Winnie.
• June 23, 2006 Bowling for Soup performed an all ages showcase inside the Bridge City Skatepark as the Texas-based band toured in support of its eighth release, “Bowling For Soup Goes to the Movies.”
• June 24, 2010 Rising country music star Brantley Gilbert performed at the Dixie Dancehall on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont in support of his March 2010 release, “Halfway to Heaven.”
• June 24, 2005 The Four Tops performed to a capacity crowd inside the historic Jefferson Theatre.
• June 25, 1980 Alice Cooper brought the “Flush the Fashion Tour” to the Beaumont Civic Center as the master of nightmares toured in support of the album of the same name.