ORANGE — Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana music fans have seen plenty of legendary concert performances through the years, and more are on the way in 2013. Here’s a look back at some of the events between May 29 through June 4 in years past.
• May 29, 2008 Heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch returned to Southeast Texas for the second time in six months as the band performed at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont.
• June 2, 2004, The Marshall Tucker Band performed at Antone’s on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont in support of its May 2004 release, “Beyond the Horizon.”
• June 3, 2012 Platinum selling rapper Snoop Dogg performed a special concert inside the Ford Park Exhibit Hall in Beaumont as the artist toured in support of his March 2011 release, “Doggumentary.” The show was delayed 30 minutes reportedly due to the singer watching the end of a NBA finals game.
• June 3, 2005 Rapper and singer Nelly performed inside Ford Arena in Beaumont in support of his two 2004 releases, “Sweat” and “Suit.”
• June 4, 2003 Tennessee rockers Saliva arrived in Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s as the band toured in support of its November 2012 release, “Back into Your System,” featuring the singles “Raise Up” “Rest In Pieces” and “Always.”