Special to The Leader
Take a look back at the great music events which have occurred across Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana through the years. Here are some of the events from April 18 through April 24.
• April 19, 2009 The reformed band Cold performed at Scout Bar in downtown Beaumont.
• April 19, 2008 Maryland rockers Clutch returned to Southeast Texas for a concert at Antone’s in downtown Beaumont.
• April 20, 2012 The “Motor City Madman,” Ted Nugent, returned to Southeast Texas for the second time in 12 months for a concert at Nutty Jerry’s.
• April 20, 2006 Country music star Dwight Yoakum arrived in the Golden Triangle for a concert at Wild Bill’s in Beaumont in support of his June 2005 release, “Blame the Vain.”
• April 20, 2006 Collective Soul performed at Cactus Canyon in Beaumont.
• April 21, 2011 Texas metal band Drowning Pool performed at The Gig on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont with special guests Pop Evil, Anew Revolution and Static Cycle.
• April 21, 2007 Music legend Diana Ross performed at the Beaumont Civic Center as part of the Christus St. Elizabeth annual gala.
• April 21, 1956 Music legends-to-be Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash performed at the Beaumont City Auditorium.
• April 24, 2012 The “Mass Chaos Tour” featuring Massachusetts rockers Godsmack and Staind, along with special guests Halestorm and Man Made Machine, rocked Ford Pavilion in Beaumont.
• April 24, 2010 ZZ Top returned to Ford Pavilion for its third concert in six years. Special guests included Beaumont native Edgar Winter and opening act, Jonathan Tyler and Northern Lights.