Special to The Leader
VINTON, La. —
Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana have seen its share of great musical acts over the years and the future looks equally as bright. See the list of artists which have performed nearby during the week of Feb. 7 - Feb. 13.
• Feb. 7, 2009 Country music group Little Big Town performed inside the Delta Downs Event Center in Vinton, La.
• Feb. 7, 1981 The legendary Johnny Cash performed inside the Port Arthur Civic Center.
• Feb. 7, 1980 The always entertaining Liberace was the featured artist in the first-ever concert of the newly opened Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts. The concert was a sold out event.
• Feb. 10, 2012 Ronnie Dunn, one-half of the multi-platinum selling act Brooks and Dunn, performed a solo concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie in support of his self-titled solo debut released in June 2011. Special guest was Robert Earl Keen.
• Feb. 10, 2009 Tesla performed to a capacity crowd at the Scout Bar on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont as the group toured in support of its October 2008 release, “Forever More.”
• Feb. 10, 1985 Triumph returned to Southeast Texas with a concert inside the Beaumont Civic Center in support of its November 1984 release, “Thunder Seven,” which featured the hit singles “Spellbound” and “Follow Your Heart.” The event also included a massive laser light show.
• Feb. 10, 1984 Legendary heavy metal outfit Black Sabbath brought the “Born Again” tour, featuring Ian Gillam on vocals, to the Beaumont Civic Center with special guest Night Ranger.
• Feb. 10, 1970 The newly formed ZZ Top performed its first concert ever as a band on this date and it was inside the Knights of Columbus Hall in Beaumont, Texas.
• Feb. 11, 2012 Country music star Mickey Gilley traveled to Southeast Texas for a concert at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie with special guest Dr. Hook, which featured Ray Sawyer.
• Feb. 11, 2009 Powerman 5000 performed at Scout Bar in downtown Beaumont.
• Feb. 13, 2010 Rhythm and Blues outfit and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band The O’Jays performed at Ford Arena in Beaumont.
• Feb. 13, 2005 Willie Nelson performed inside the Beaumont Civic Center with special guests Pat Green and Cross Canadian Ragweed.
• Feb. 13, 1980 The entertaining Earl Scruggs performed the second ever concert inside the Lutcher Theater in Orange, which had just opened less than a week prior.