The Orange Leader
Great music is never far away, and the month of May has been a great month for national artists to head to Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana. Below are some of the shows which occurred in the area between May 22 - May 28.
• May 24, 2012 Bret Michaels, the charismatic frontman of Glam rockers Poison, performed in concert with his solo band as the opening event for the 2012 “Party by the Pool” concert series at L’Auberge du Lac Casino in Lake Charles, La.
• May 24, 1957 Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis performed at a police benefit event in Beaumont, Texas.
• May 25, 2012 Singer and songwriter Kenny Loggins performed inside the Event Center at L’Auberge du Lac Casino and Resort in Lake Charles, La.
• May 26, 1980 British metal band Judas Priest arrived in Southeast Texas with a concert at the Beaumont Civic Center as the band toured in support of its platinum album, “British Steel.”
• May 28, 2011 Southern rock icons 38 Special performed at Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie.